11.07.2005

DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME

Tonight as I was sitting here at home, for some reason, the music of The Mamas and The Papas kept going through my mind. I got up and found my Greatest Hits CD and put it on. It hit the spot. I have a good many CD's in my collection that I forget what I have. Listening to the CD brought back a good memory from my early childhood. I don't remember exactly what year it was, but it was right around the time that cassette tapes came out. My sister got a cassette player for Christmas and one of the cassettes that my parents got her was one of The Mamas and The Papas. I remember playing it and just being enthralled with Dream A Little Dream Of Me. Mama Cass had a nice voice and it really showed on that title. I have to chuckle at myself because even at that early age, I was drag queen in the making (no I don't publicly peform drag...too self conscious). I took whatever was handy and pretended that it was a microphone and just sang along with her like there was no tomorrow. I really like the harmonies of that group. Speaking of drag, I remember taking a pair of my mother's late 60's pointed toed, high heel shoes (brown, imitation alligator skin no less)....oh, I'll save that tale for another day. After The Mamas and The Papas, I then became enthralled with the harmonies of The Carpenters. The piece de resistance came when I discovered La Streisand when A Star Is Born came out and I've wanted to be the male Streisand ever since, LOL.

On the knitting front, I finished knitting my sweater and now comes the sewing everything together part. Something about sewing in the Raglan sleeves is confusing the crap out of me. I called a friend today and she's coming over tomorrow to help me with it. Hopefully, within the next couple of days, I be able to show it completely finished. Well it's 11:30 pm and I need to wrap this up. I hope that everyone has an absolutely fabulous day tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Andy said...

California Dreaming is my favorite song from that group. Sewing is an art on it's own honey, I get confused myself sometimes, but I am sure that a cup of tea and some talking will make it all work perfect.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Franklin said...

That's my favorite Mama Cass song EVER.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Tallguy said...

You just can't go wrong with quality every time (including classics like Mama Cass or Ms. Streisand).

One of my first sweaters was raglan, knit in the round, because I DON'T do seams! Knitting in the round, on raglans especially, is the solution, and so easy. You have to see EZ showing you how to do it. She is wonderful!

But now that I've taken a class with Lucy Neatby, I'm not afraid of seams!

Your work will ALWAYS look better after a wash (blocking), so do it. Please!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home