9.11.2005

FOUR YEARS

It's hard to believe that four years have gone by since the attacks on the Twin Towers, The Pentagon and the American Airline flight that was brought down by it's brave passengers. It's also hard to believe that if it had not been for their bravery, the White House may have lain in ruins. To all the men, women and children who lost lives on that terrible day, I pray that you're at rest and at peace. To all the families that lost loved ones, may you find strength in the hope for humanity and are finding peace in your own hearts.


This is what I've been working on lately; a London Beanie and mittens. I've got another mitten to go. Heck with SSS, I've got SMS!! The London Beanie is from a pattern I found off of the web a couple of weeks ago that was written by an Englishman; I guess when David Beckham made them a must wear. The mitten is from a book I checked out from the library this weekend. This is my first time knitting both a Beanie and a mitten(s). I'm quite happy with myself and the results.

























In other news, I quit my job at Verizon Wireless Wednesday, a week ago. I've been working in a call center since 1994 for one wireless carrier or another. I just could not take it any more. The reason I quit instead of being fired is because I was lied to. The manager told me if they fired me and I used them as an employment reference, they would have to disclose why I was let go, but if I quit, then all they would have to disclose was the dates of my employment with them. Come to find out, it's against the law to disclose the reason an employee is let go anyway. I've never been fired from a job before so I didn't know she was sitting there acting all concerned when all she was doing was sitting there, lying through her teeth and hoping to be patted on the back by higher management that she saved them from having to pay me unemployment benefits. That's okay though because I believe you reap what you sow. That's why I always try to treat others the way that I want to be treated. I'll say this and try to put that place behind me. I don't know how the other Verizon Wireless call centers are throughout the country, but the one here in Columbia is simply awful. You're nothing more to them except performance numbers. You wouldn't believe everything they expect you to do on a call and then not allow you time in between calls to finish taking care of the customer's concern. Lord help if you forgot to do something for a customer because of that and the customer calls back in to complain. Enough of that and that place. I hope that I find something soon. Until later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Andy said...

Nice colors, I am sure it is a lot of work and small needles. Hang in there and look forward. YOu may have a job sooner than you think.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Shoe Girl said...

I just quit my call center job this week too for basically the same reasons that you did. I got tired of being judged by my rate and working 11 hour shifts. Good luck on your job hunt and I really like the London Beanie

9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home