10.30.2005

ONE HUNDRED THINGS ABOUT ME - PART ONE

In No Particular Order:


1. My major in college started out as French, but I changed to music.

2. Per above, I’m a Francophile.

3. My maternal grandmother taught me to crochet when I was a pre-teen. I started knitting a couple of years later when a friend taught me to cast-on. Everything else, I either learned on my own or was shown by someone else.

4. As stated in my profile, I’m a huge Barbra Streisand fan.

5. I come from a conservative, Baptist background. Funny, my parents took it fairly well when I came out to them as being gay (my mom stated that she always knew).

6. If I attend church, I now go to a Methodist one.

7. I have an older sister and a younger sister. I joke with people and tell them that my parent’s have three daughters.

8. I love green plants in the house, even though I can be quite lazy at times in watering them.

9. I prefer men who are uncut, but don’t discriminate.

10. I’m versatile in matters of the bedroom.

11. I think that Latino men are sexy.

12. I would love to learn to sew and be able to tailor my clothes. My mother is a seamstress, but lives about 24 miles from me, so her being able to teach me is difficult. She gave me her old cabinet sewing machine.

13. I love my cat, Tiger very much. He is such a sweetheart.

14. I’m a short man; just 5’ 1”.

15. I didn’t like high school and would never want to do it again.

16. I love Classical Music; the Baroque and Classical period being my favorites. I do, however, love Barber’s “Adagio for Strings”. Very moving.

17. I love to travel. I’ve only traveled twice outside the U. S. and that was to England and Mexico. Whenever finances will allow, I hope to go to Paris. That has always been a dream of mine.

18. I love mass transit systems, especially the subway in New York and the tube in London.

19. I love most any type of food.

20. My favorite color is red.

21. I tend to fancy Latino men and European men; not to forget Australia and New Zealand. It must be that uncut thing.

22. Politically, I lean left, if not far left. Very much a Democrat/borderline liberal.

23. This is for American citizens, one thing that gets my goat is to hear someone call a “Stateline” a “border”. Borders separate countries. The last time I checked, we’re still in one country.

24. I like to wear watches and have more than I need.

25. I need to lose weight.

26. I am slowly, but surely, becoming a yarn snob.

27. I love any kind of desert as long as it’s sweet (hence the weight gain).

28. My doctor has advised me to watch my sweets since I’m already glucose intolerant which can lead to diabetes. My maternal grandmother was diabetic.

29. Geez, I haven’t even made it to number fifty yet.

30. I love to walk and roller-skate (I’m so Eighties), but haven’t done either recently….another reason for the weight gain.

31. I love the Internet and probably spend too much time on it.

32. I would love to visit Montrèal and Québec City.

33. I like to learn about new cultures and be around foreign people whenever possible.

34. I prefer a home made of brick. That’s why mine has vinyl siding on it.

35. My favorite scent is that from a Tea Olive bush when it blooms.

36. I long for the days of the Clinton Administration.

37. Stateside, I’ve been to: Massachusetts (Boston and Provincetown), New York (Manhattan), Pennsylvania (Philadelphia and Norristown), North Carolina (many places), Georgia (many places), Florida (Orlando, St. Pete., Tampa and some small town on the Gulf side at the bottom of FL.), Texas (Houston), California (L. A. three times and San Francisco once).

38. Most of the time I tend to be a perfectionist, but trying to learn not to be. It can drive you crazy!

39. I bought my home in 2000, but wish that I had kept my apartment.

40. My favorite vegetable is broccoli.

41. I dreamed of being a chef.

42. I dreamed of being a commercial airline pilot, but knew that my height would be a hindrance.

43. My favorite commercial aircraft is the Concorde and wanted to fly on one before they were taken out of service.

44. I admire Oprah Winfrey.

45. I admire Martha Stewart…from a distance.

46. I think highly of Barbra Streisand’s political views.

47. I think that the earth (environment) is in such distress that it’s fighting back.

48. Per number 47, I can’t believe………………..yes I can, that Bush thinks there is no need for concern.

49. If I could live in another city for an extended period of time, it would be Paris.

50. I’m shy around people that I don’t know and don’t really warm-up to strangers until I get to know them. People have often taken this as me being aloof, but nothing could be further from the truth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

here ye here ye to being a francophile!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Crafty Andy said...

Parle vous francais? Mon cheri, mon ami, your life is full of excitement and vibrancy. I know some French, not much, but always like your blog.

1:29 AM  
Blogger ~drew emborsky~ said...

I like French Bread, does that count?

3:36 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

Drew, it only counts if you're having a snail with it. LOL.

6:58 PM  
Blogger KiwiJames said...

Now young Mr Calvin, just how would you know if men from New Zealand were cut or uncut? This question of course coming from a New Zealander...

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home