9.13.2007

DISHCLOTHES AND A BABY



These are some dishclothes that I've worked on over the past several months. I've read on some blogs that the writers think that knitting dishclothes are a waste of time. I TOTALLY disagree. Not only do I knit sweaters, etc., but I also enjoy knitting dishclothes. Not only are they fun, but they're practical by way of washing dishes or general cleaning. That's my two cents on that.





This is a close-up of the previous picture (bottom, right one). I love this pattern. I think that it would look nice as the front panel of a sweater. My camera doesn't have a micro-zoom, so sorry that the close-up is not clearer.















This is another "Warshcloth" from the Mason-Dixon book.










My favorite is the Martini (big surprise) cloth in this set.












I like the top, right one here. The only thing about it is, the pattern causes the top part not to be straight across. The bottom, left one reminds me of a pie chart. I was trying to use up left-over yarn. Same thing with the one next to it.









I like the top, left one here. It's an "illusion" pattern that can be seen if looking at it side ways. The next picture shows what's hiding in there.










The AIDS cure ribbon.












This one has another wavy (top, left) pattern that I like. The bottom, left on was knit diagonally and yes, I was using up more left-over yarn. The bottom, right one was crocheted using the single stitch and then a single stitch around the outside. Guess why it's two colors? Yes, you're right.






This is the Five-Hour Baby Sweater that I like to do from time-to-time. It's done in the round with and quite fun to do. I haven't added the ribbon to this one yet. There's no seaming to do except for the sleeves.


This last picture is me looking silly at the camera. I'm holding the "Warshcloth" from the third photo.









Let's see. What else? Saturday, I'm riding up to Charlotte with a friend to shop. Sunday, I'm going to the art house cinema here in town to see "La Vie En Rose". I'm sure that some of you have heard of it or seen it by now. It's a movie based on the life of Edith Piaf. I can't wait to see it as I really like the music by her. Melissa Manchester did a wonderful cover of the above song on her "Tribute" CD several years ago. Check it out. I think that you'll enjoy it. She does other covers of some classic songs by other great female recording artists.



It's T.G.I.F. tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend, y'all!!



P. S. Just so you know, none of the dishclothes (or the baby sweater) were blocked. Sometimes I will do it to the ones that become a present.

5 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Andy said...

Great JOb Calvin. Love all the pictures, so much to see. You have been very busy. Thanks for sharing. He is looking at you Babe!

11:18 PM  
Blogger John said...

Glad to have you back.

-john

1:47 PM  
Blogger Calvin said...

Thanks, John.

7:09 PM  
Blogger me said...

Hey Calvin!! Guess who's back!! Great job on the cloths!!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger me said...

Hey Calvin!!
my email is khebhingibbons@yahoo.com

you can also find me at
myspace.com/khebhinknits

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home