1.15.2006

FRILLY THINGS

A couple of weeks ago, I was at one of the local craft stores here in Columbia and ran into Khebhin (who works there). He showed me this baby sweater he was working on called a Five Hour Baby Sweater and it was just so cute. I asked him if he had another copy or if he could E-mail me the pattern. He gave me his. I thought that was very kind of him. Thanks, Khebhin.

Anyway, I worked on it off and on over the past couple days and really enjoyed the pattern. The great thing about it is, the only seaming you have to do is on the sleeves (from the cuff to the armpit), that’s it! The only drawback, to me anyway, is that the pattern does not call for buttons. When I make this pattern again (probably in a soft pink), I think I will add some small ones. Even though there aren’t any button holes, they should fit in between the garter stitch border well enough. I worked on it at the Knit-In this past Thursday night and one of the ladies was telling me that there’s another Five Hour pattern that is geared toward a male baby. I’m in the process of trying to find it on the Internet.

Sorry for the bad pictures. A photographer, I’m not. The sweater hasn’t been blocked or the sleeves seamed up in these two pictures and I doubt that I will (block) since it’s not going to be given to anyone. I just wanted to give the pattern a test knit through to see how I liked it.

I decided to frog the Irish Hiking Scarf for the time being. I'm just not feeling it right now. Until later, take care everyone.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Andy said...

This is a beautful work my friend. Buttons will be great, but just like it is is very well done. Welcome back to the world of wonder.

12:19 AM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

that is absolutely adorable... can I get the pattern??
but remember..babies eat buttons....

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I just found your blog through Celtic Knits.

Pip

pipandtom.com

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/kp3.html This is the link for the pattern 5 hour baby sweater and it has a version with buttons. You have inspired me to try it. I am only a crocheter but I really like that sweater. Your work is beautiful. Dee in FLorida

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home