1.01.2008

THINGS



I finally finished my friend's throw. This is it drapped over the back of one of her chairs. I didn't have time to lay it flat out to photograph it. I literally washed, dried and took it out to her. She was very happy with it, especially since she wasn't feeling well and was happy to wrap up in it.



This is where I am with my throw/afghan. I'm about half way through with it now.


Starting with this photo, these are some things that I've purchased over the past several months. The lastest edition to Tales Of The City (even though Armistead Maupin says it isn't) is a nice addition to my non-knitting library. It was nice to catch up with Michael Tolliver. I surely hope that the other books are made into movies before the original cast are not available to ever make the movies. Such a wonderful series of books and movies.


I love hot tea and was very happy to come across and order the Tea Cozy book. I haven't knitted anything from it yet, but look forward to it.


Do you think socks are on my horizon? :-)

I've had this book for several months, but have never photograph it and put it on my blog. There are several projects in it that I would like to make; especially the throw. I think some of the models are quite cute.

I love Alton Brown and please excuse me for being so forward, but I would do him in a New York minute. That aside, I love his show on Food Network and am glad to add these DVD's to my cooking library.



I have the One Voice Streisand concert on video tape that I bought when it orginally came out, but was very happy to add the DVD version to my Barbra collection. She taped an introduction for the DVD as kind of a look back at the event she taped in her backyard at her Malibu home at the time. It's reported that The Broadway Album video Barbra did when she was recording The Broadway Album will be released on DVD and for some REALLY great news, there is a VERY good chance that Yentl will be released on DVD this year. I'm doing the happy dance with this news. If you're a Streisand fan, check out Matt's website devoted to her. He does podcast as well as video cast about his news that he gets about her. He also has vintage Streisand photos. Check it out.


Years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to the movie, Shirley Valentine. I love this movie. I never bought the movie on video and I thought they would never release it on DVD. I'm so happy they did.



I've always liked the movie, Making Love. I was always more attracted to Michael Ontkean than Harry Hamlin. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick Harry out of bed, but Michael was the one that got my motor running, especially when the movie first came out and my late teenage hormones were raging!! I do have to say, in Harry's defense, that he looked quite good in his red, very short shorts. Too bad that we, as men, wear shorts down to our knees now. Show me some nice hairy thighs and legs anyday!

I've been a fan of Michael C. Hall ever since Six Feet Under. I don't have Showtime, but heard good things about his new show called Dexter. I bought season one when it came out on DVD. I love this show and recommend it.

I went to see La Vie En Rose when it came to the movie art house here in Columbia. I've always liked the music of Edith Piaf, but had no idea she had such a bad childhood and would be mostly in bad health as an adult (some due to her doing). That aside, the movie is beautifully filmed with an excellent cast. I also bought the soundtrack in which the film uses Edith's recordings, but remastered.

I love disco and the music of The Village People. I think it's just such happy music. I own another Best of Village People CD, but this one has several 12" versions of some of the songs. I don't understand why a lot of people don't like Disco, I say, long live Disco!!!!

I own another copy of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, but this special edition one came out a few months ago. It really pisses me off that you buy a movie and then a few months if not a few years later, they come out with a special edition one.

Lost Language of Cranes is another movie that I originally bought on video and was very happy when it came out on DVD after several years. I love me some Corey Parker.

Noah's Arc is a series that came on the Logo Network. Since Time Warner here in Columbia doesn't carry that network, I didn't know anything about this series until I read about it. It's a pretty good series that has a lot of camp in it. Don't get me wrong, I like camp and it blends in well with the story lines. Unfortunately, the series wasn't renewed after the second season. Season One extras has frontal nudity in it as Season Two extras doesn't.

Well, dear ones, that's it for this post. I hope that everyone enjoyed their holidays and looking forward to a happy 2008. Let's hear it for a Democratic president this year!!!!

As Barbra sang in one of her early recordings, "Happy Days Are Here Again"!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

The throw came out wonderfully!! Lots of new stuff ... that should keep you out of trouble for a while. :-)

6:02 AM  
Blogger micah said...

You've been busy man!

I hve no idea why they blow up. ometimes they don' do it for me but other people tell me it works! If I figure it out I'll let you know for sure!

7:12 AM  
Blogger Berenice... said...

Pretty you knitting...
From BRASIL.

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola soy ana desde sevilla enhorabuena
saludos ana

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home